Enforceability of English Court Orders Abroad

If you have an order for financial provision, including payment of spousal and/or child maintenance and/or transfers of property, from the courts of England and Wales, you can be fairly confident that at least some aspects of the order will be enforced within the European Union via various reciprocal enforcement agreements between member states. There are also reciprocal arrangements with the USA and most Commonwealth countries, albeit that it may be necessary to convert your order into a local order. If, however you wish to enforce in jurisdictions that do not fall into the above categories, you will face greater difficulty. We have excellent relationships with specialist family lawyers in multiple jurisdictions who under our supervision can assist with these issues.

We are using cookies to give you the best experience. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in privacy settings.
AcceptPrivacy Settings


  • Google Analytics

Google Analytics

We use Google Analytics to collect and store certain anonymous information when you use, access, or interact with this website. This information is only used by us to help improve our digital services and user experience.