International Relocation of Children

We live in an increasingly international world where relationships and work can necessitate a move to another jurisdiction with children following marital breakdown. One party may lack a support network or job opportunities in England and Wales and wish to return to their country of origin, where they have family to provide support to them and the children. In these circumstances, and where parents cannot agree on the issue, it will be necessary to seek an order of the court to permanently remove the child to live outside this jurisdiction. Equally you may be the parent who wishes to resist such a removal. Our team is highly experienced in dealing with applications for leave to remove and will expertly guide you through the process of putting together or resisting the requisite relocation plan that the court requires to assess whether it is in the child’s best interests to be removed.

We are using cookies to give you the best experience. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in privacy settings.
AcceptPrivacy Settings


  • Google Analytics

Google Analytics

We use Google Analytics to collect and store certain anonymous information when you use, access, or interact with this website. This information is only used by us to help improve our digital services and user experience.