Property Issues

We can advise on the legal consequences of relationship breakdown where there is dispute over the ownership of property. Where cohabitees have a dispute with one another about property, their principal remedy is to apply for relief under section 14 of the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act (TLATA 1996). On a TLATA 1996 application, the court has broad powers and can make a declaration about the parties’ property rights according to established principles of trust law, but it has no discretionary power to adjust those rights. Our experts can advise you on the orders the court can make and what it considers.

We are using cookies to give you the best experience. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in privacy settings.
AcceptPrivacy Settings


  • Google Analytics

Google Analytics

We use Google Analytics to collect and store certain anonymous information when you use, access, or interact with this website. This information is only used by us to help improve our digital services and user experience.